What Are foot orthotics?
Foot orthotics are custom prescribed insoles that are designed to improve your lower body movement and function. There is strong evidence to support their effectiveness on re-distributing abnormal forces of your feet, which have been found highly related to different foot pathologies, such as heel spur, shin splints. Orthoses are particularly helpful if you are on your feet for long hours as they help to support your arches, improve foot posture, and can help to minimize deterioration of some arthritic conditions in the foot, ankle, and knee. If indicated, we combine orthotic therapy with a rehabilitation programme to improve symptoms faster and helping you to get more benefits out of your orthotics.
At The Footwork Clinic, we employ the latest cutting-edge technology in our orthotic prescription. Your podiatrist will take a 3D semi-weight bearing scan of your feet with our laser 3D scanner. This type of digital casting will capture an accurate 3D digital mold of your feet instead of using the old method of plastic casting.
Why laser 3D semi-weight bearing scan?
With our 3D laser scanner, we are able to take a semi-weight bearing scan of your foot with higher accuracy compared to other foot impression casting methods. A semi-weight-bearing scan captures the foot in its best functional position, at the same time maintaining an adequate contour and arch height of your orthotic device.
Our orthotic range:
Your foot orthotics can be designed to fit all styles of footwear and made out of different materials to achieve precise control and comfort. All custom-made orthoses are made using the latest computer-aided design and manufacture (CAD/CAM) methods. Our range includes:
Direct milled polypropylene- Direct milled polypropylene is stronger than the same thickness of vacuum formed (traditional) polypropylene. This allows our devices to be up to 30% thinner and lighter for the same control.
Direct milled EVA – or synthetic rubber, provides good cushioning without compromising the support.
3D printed orthotics – for a truly custom designed orthotic experience
Foot orthoses aren’t necessarily big and bulky! We custom design your orthoses to fit into the shoes you love comfortably!
Our podiatrists have many years of experience in prescribing foot orthotics to resolve and manage different foot conditions. They usually work best when combined with our manual therapies to improve the body’s movement and function.
Conditions may benefit from wearing Orthotics:
- Heel Pain, Arch Pain, Plantar Fasciitis / Fasciosis, Heel Spurs
- Ankle Pain / Injury
- Foot and Ankle Arthritis
- High Arches & Flatfeet
- Bunions / Hammer Toes
- Aching Feet / Foot Stiffness
- Achilles Pain / Injury
- Morton’s Neuroma
- Ball of Foot Pain / Metatarsalgia
- Shin Splints
- Tight / Aching Leg Muscles
- Knee, Hip, and Lower Back Pain
- Posture / Gait Problems in Adults and Kids
- Posterior Tibial Tendon Dysfunction
- Balance Problems in Elderly
- Pregnancy Foot Pain
- Iliotibial Band Syndrome (ITBS)
- Plantar Plate Injury
Contact us TODAY if you need to replace or refurbish your orthotics.
- Active Release Techniques
- Corrective / Rehabilitation Excercise
- Foot Mobilisation Techniques
- Fungal Nail Laser Treatment
- General Podiatry Foot Care
- What We Help
- Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilisation IASTM
- Kinesiology Sports Taping
- Low Level Laser Therapy(LLLD)
- Movement Assessment Technologies (MAT)
- Nail Bracing
- Orthotic Therapy
- Shockwave Therapy and Heel Pain
- Trigenics Functional Muscle Neurology
- Western Medical Acupuncture