Movement Assessment Technologies (MAT)
We don’t assume, we measure.
Have you ever felt lost about your treatment progress with your therapist?
Have you been told about some numbers or findings from your clinical assessment that doesn’t seem to mean anything to you?
Have you suffered from an ankle or calf injury and wonder when you can return to sport safely?
We measure while assessing
MAT is a functional assessment, treatment and exercise rehabilitation system that allows us to collect meaningful and measurable information on how your body functions through a series of movement-based assessment. Based on the assessment results, we can improve on your intervention and track your progress overtime to make sure you stay on the right track of recovery.
“I’m not in pain…so I must be healthy?”
It is well understood that pain is not an accurate indication of what is going on with your body, or it is certainly not the best measure to determine whether you are safe to return to exercise or sport without doing further damage when rehabilitating from pain or an injury.
An overuse injury or chronic pain usually occurs after years of ‘silent’ compensation in the body. Pain can manifest last and disappear first with the right treatment, but there are usually dysfunctions still going on underneath the surface. Pain could also be just the tip of the iceberg and is often the final notice that the body is experiencing dysfunction.
This is why we do not judge your body by symptoms, MAT helps us to accurately determine your risks of pain, injury, and early degenerative changes before the condition start impacting your life.
What we do
Through evidence-based movement assessment, we can accurately assess and track progression overtime leading to better clinical results and reduced re-injury rates. MAT helps us to calculate injury risk and determine when you can return to sport safely.
The data from your assessment makes us recommend the specific treatment time, appropriate treatment methods, rehabilitation exercise programme, and give us reliable baseline measurements to evaluate the improvement of your intervention.
Our sports podiatrists are all MAT certified to perform this world leading movement assessment and rehabilitation method.
This can be useful with the following:
- Heel Pain, Arch Pain, Plantar Fasciitis / Fasciosis, Heel Spurs
- Ankle Pain / Injury
- Foot and Ankle Arthritis
- High Arches & Flatfeet
- Aching Feet / Foot Stiffness
- Achilles Pain / Injury
- Shin Splints
- Tight / Aching Leg Muscles
- Knee, Hip and Lower Back Pain
- Sports Injury Prevention
- Sports Performance Enhancement
- Poor Balance in Elderlies & Kids
- Ankle Sprains, Weak Ankles
- Patellofemoral Pain (Knee pain)
- lliotibial Band Syndrome (ITB Pain)
- Post Surgical Knee Pain/Restriction
- Post Surgical Ankle Pain/Restriction
- Posture/Gait Problems in Adults & Kids
- Balance Problems in Elderly
- Posterior Tibial Tendon Dysfunction
- Active Release Techniques
- Corrective / Rehabilitation Excercise
- Foot Mobilisation Techniques
- Fungal Nail Laser Treatment
- General Podiatry Foot Care
- What We Help
- Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilisation IASTM
- Kinesiology Sports Taping
- Low Level Laser Therapy(LLLD)
- Movement Assessment Technologies (MAT)
- Nail Bracing
- Orthotic Therapy
- Shockwave Therapy and Heel Pain
- Trigenics Functional Muscle Neurology
- Western Medical Acupuncture