What is Low-Level Laser Therapy (LLLT)?
Low-Level Laser therapy (LLLT) is the treatment of various conditions using the laser to bring about a photochemical reaction at a cellular level. The laser light penetrates into tissue where it is absorbed by cells and converted into energy that influences the course of metabolic processes.
Our laser treatment unit produces invisible wavelength penetrates deeply into tissue (unlike the visible red laser light which gets absorbed superficially).
Studies have found that LLLT causes metabolic changes in the body that is highly effective to stimulate tissue repair and relieve pain.
At The Footwork Clinic, we implement laser therapy to our treatment protocols to promote and accelerate tissue healing of a wide range of acute and chronic lower limb conditions. Combine it with other corrective care, such as Foot Mobilisation Techniques and Trigenics®, we can address the underlying cause of the problem for long-term results.
- The effectiveness of our laser unit is supported by scientific evidence.
- It has been researched, observed, tested and re-tested, instead of something that is unfounded and anecdotal. That means more predictable and reliable results
- Non-invasive, eye-safe, TOTALLY Painless and often immediate analgesic effect at the time of treatment.
- Dramatically shortened recovery time with the rapid reduction of swelling and inflammation.
Our unit has a specific wavelength of laser that is most effective for:
- Oedemas and Lymphedema
- Muscle Spasm and Soreness
- Joint Pain and Bone Stress
- Muscular Skeletal Pain
- Slow Healing Skin Wounds
- Fibrous lesions (Scars)Sprains and Strains of soft tissues (muscles, ligaments, tendons)
Treated skin wounds show the following reactions:
- Reduced scar formation
- Reduced pain and inflammation
- Increased collagen and reduced cellular substances
- Increased epithelial activity
- Increased capillary blood vessel formation
Do you live with Lymphedema? We can help!
What Does Laser do for Lymphedema Patients?
- Restore lymph drainage through stimulation of new pathways.
- Restore drainage through reduction of fibrosis and relaxation of the fascia.
- Reduction in tissue fluid accumulation
- Fast softening of fibrotic tissue.
- Volume reduction over time – maintaining or improving after treatment has stopped.
- Lasting benefit and continuing improvement – convincing longer results compared to manual lymphatic drainage (MLD).
Patients can expect:
Supported by Scientific Evidence!!
Our hand-held laser treatment unit has completed the only randomized double-blind clinical trial testing the effects of Low-Level Laser therapy on lymphedema in the world. It is the ONLY laser unit registered with the American FDA and the Australian TGA specifically for lymphedema treatment.
Many laser devices generate heat and are registered as heat lamps, making them unsuitable for lymphedema treatment.
For detailed readings on laser therapy, please click on the following papers:
- Study on the efficacy of laser therapy
- Overview of recent laser research on Lymphedema and
- Laser therapy case studies.
“As the surgeon, I have asked patients to change lymphedema therapists because they didn’t have this laser”
-William L. Scarlett D.O., FACS, FACOS, FAACS.
Associate Professor of Plastic Surgery, PA, USA
“I believe that every lymphedema practice should have access to this laser”
-Dr. Andrea Brennan OTR/L, CLT-LANA, WCC.
Post-Professional Doctor of Occupation Therapy.
Certified Lymphedema Therapist, Lymphology Association of North America
LLLD can help with :
- Heel Pain, Arch Pain, Plantar Fasciitis / Fasciosis, Heel Spurs
- Foot, Ankle and Knee Arthritis
- Ankle Pain / Injury
- Aching Feet / Foot Stiffness
- Morton’s Neuroma
- Ball of Foot Pain / Metatarsalgia
- Achilles Tendon Pain / Injury
- Tight / Aching Leg Muscles
- Knee, Hip and Lower Back Pain
- Plantar Plate Injury
- Active Release Techniques
- Corrective / Rehabilitation Excercise
- Foot Mobilisation Techniques
- Fungal Nail Laser Treatment
- General Podiatry Foot Care
- What We Help
- Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilisation IASTM
- Kinesiology Sports Taping
- Low Level Laser Therapy(LLLD)
- Movement Assessment Technologies (MAT)
- Nail Bracing
- Orthotic Therapy
- Shockwave Therapy and Heel Pain
- Trigenics Functional Muscle Neurology
- Western Medical Acupuncture