A natural solution to fix your pain and restore your foot function
Foot Mobilisation is a long established manual therapy originated from osteopathic and chiropractic techniques. Joint mobilisation and manipulation techniques are being widely used by manual therapists – mainly chiropractor, physiotherapist and osteopath – to treat a variety of musculoskeletal conditions. However, hardly any of them perform the techniques exclusively to treat specific foot and leg conditions.
At Footwork Podiatry, we are specialised in this unique skill on the foot and ankle unlike any other health professions. We help you to feel better, move better and perform better without medications, surgeries, and using orthotics or changing your footwear in majority of the cases.
How does it work?
- The therapy targets at freeing up restrictions and stiffness of the joints in the feet, and improving the position of the joints to allow your body to naturally restore its optimal biomechanics (structure and movement of the body).
- The joints will be taken through their natural motions to break up adhesions and restrictions within the area that prevents the joint to operate at its best position.
- Treatment is usually combined with specific but SIMPLE corrective exercises, which allow you to contribute and maintain the improvement of your feet when you stopped seeing us.
Why Foot Mobilisation has helped thousands of people to get back on their feet PAIN-FREE
Restriction and misalignment of the foot and ankle joints are the primary cause of most pains and aches we see in our clinic every day, which is often being overlooked by many doctors and health practitioners. Patients would often describe having sore feet, aching feet, poor balancing, general pain and tightness everywhere, heaviness or stiffness around the foot and ankle, or “the feet just don’t feel right!”, without any specific diagnosis or an exact location of pain. These symptoms often happen when joints of the feet are not moving freely within their optimal position, and all the supporting structures such as muscles, tendons, ligaments are all being forced to compensate causing pain and discomfort everywhere.
Foot mobilisation is a gentle ‘hands on’ treatment technique that diagnoses and corrects misalignment of the foot and ankle. We guide the body to heal itself by testing and adjusting all 26 bones and 33 joints in your foot to restore the normal joint range of motion and function.
- A true corrective approach that really fixes the problem — Our treatment modality does not just treat the symptoms or hide a problem with a temporary solution. Instead, we get to the root cause of the problem and guide the body to heal properly and completely.
- You get to stay active — during the therapy you are actually encouraged to continue normal activities in most cases. You can still go to work, play your sports or wear your favourite shoes without having to take time off from your daily life activities while you heal.
- It’s non-invasive — no drugs, no surgeries, no old crunch, click and aggressive techniques necessary. Our skills have refined over the years with very gentle and pain-free techniques available.
- No orthotics necessary — means you have the FREEDOM of your feet and you do not need to change the shoes you love to accommodate orthotics!
This is an effective treatment for:
- Heel pain, Heel Spurs
- Plantar Fasciitis, Arch Pain
- Ankle Sprains, Weak Ankles
- General Foot Aches & Discomfort
- High Arches & Flatfeet
- Bunions, Hammer Toes
- Arthritis Foot & Ankle Pain
- Achilles Tendonitis & Tendinopathy
- Morton’s Neuroma & Ball of Foot Pain
- General Foot Aches & Discomfort
- Posture / Gait Problems in Adults and Kids
- Pregnancy Foot & Ankle Pain
CALL US TODAY to discover how we can help you feel better NOW!