Active Release Techniques® (ART) – An effective hands-on release technique that improves pain and movement.
Are you frustrated with a recurring soft tissue pain or injury that is just not getting better and it is starting to affect your daily life or the sports that you love?
Active Release Techniques® is being globally recognized as the gold standard for soft-tissue injury treatment. Soft tissue refers primarily to muscle, tendon, ligament, fascia, and nerves. It is a soft tissue management system that involves a combination of examination and treatment. This technique allows the practitioner to diagnose a soft-tissue disorder by identifying the nature of the lesion (tear, adhesion, myofasciitis, crush etc.) and the exact tissue involved. This treatment is being received by top athletes around the world to provide effective relief of their pain and injuries.
HOW DO OVERUSE CONDITIONS/INJURIES OCCUR?
Our body produces tough, dense scar tissue in the injured area as it tries to heal itself from an injury such as a pull, collision, accumulation of small tears (repetitive micro-trauma), or even not getting enough oxygen (hypoxia).
This scar tissue binds up and ties down tissues and restricts them from moving freely. The affected area or muscle becomes shorter and weaker, tension on tendons causes tendonitis, and nerves can become trapped. This can cause reduced range of motion, loss of strength, and pain. If a nerve is trapped you may also feel tingling, numbness, and weakness.
When a scar tissue builds up, it often needs to be removed manually to promote proper healing of the affected area. ART® was specifically developed to remove scar tissue. It shortens treatment time and provides lasting relief for repetitive strain or overuse injuries.
WHAT IS AN ART® TREATMENT LIKE?
ART® is one of the effective soft tissue release techniques that we may incorporate to treat your pain or injury. It is a movement-based release technique where our therapist applies precisely directed tension to the abnormal tissue or scar tissue along with very specific patient movements. We evaluate the texture, tightness, and movement of the specific soft tissues that are affecting each individual patient. This technique is safe and suitable for anyone from children, athletes to elderly.
CALL US today to see how ART® can help with your pain! It can help reduce reliance on drugs/medication for pain relief for chronic conditions. It is best used in conjunction with other corrective therapies to achieve the best possible treatment outcome. It is an effective
This is an effective treatment for:
- Heel Pain, Arch Pain, Plantar Fasciitis / Fasciosis, Heel Spurs
- Ankle Pain / Injury
- Foot, Ankle and Knee Arthritis
- High Arches & Flatfleet
- Bunions / Hammer Toes
- Aching Feet / General Foot Discomfort
- Achilles Tendon Pain / Injury
- Morton’s Neuroma
- Shin Splints
- Tight / Aching Leg Muscles
- Knee, Hip and Lower Back Pain
- Sports Injury Prevention
- Sports Performance Enhancement
- Poor Balance in Elderlies & Kids
- Patellofemoral Pain (Knee Pain)
- Illiotibial Band Syndrome (ITB Pain)
- Post Surgical Knee Pain/Restriction
- Post Surgical Ankle Pain/Restriction
- Hip Impingement, Bursitis
- Active Release Techniques
- Corrective / Rehabilitation Excercise
- Foot Mobilisation Techniques
- Fungal Nail Laser Treatment
- General Podiatry Foot Care
- What We Help
- Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilisation IASTM
- Kinesiology Sports Taping
- Low Level Laser Therapy(LLLD)
- Movement Assessment Technologies (MAT)
- Nail Bracing
- Orthotic Therapy
- Shockwave Therapy and Heel Pain
- Trigenics Functional Muscle Neurology
- Western Medical Acupuncture